[GE users] GE and Ant

Thu Jan 17 10:50:19 GMT 2008

Hi Christoper,

I'm not aware about any project/activity that aims on SGE + Ant integration,
but it sounds very reasonalbe. I guess I had to solve the above problem,
I would simple change the Ant-file in a way that qsub (or qrsh) is
preceeded to every command that shall be run through SGE. Though I understand
this is nothing but a workaround, but I believe it would work.

Regards,
Andreas

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Christopher Heiny wrote:

> Background: We're using Apache Ant to manage our simulations.  With 150
> simulations of an hour each, this is not currently a fast running
> system.  I'm building a grid engine to help parallelize the
> simulations.  I'd like to continue using Ant to manage the the
> simulations, but would like the differences between the grid and
> non-grid invocation to be as minimal as possible from the user point of
> view (that is, the command line and outputs should be minimally
> different; the guts of build.xml can be quite different).
>
> Question: Are there any Ant tasks for working with Grid Engine?  For
> instance, an extension of <exec> which uses qsub, or maybe something
> like the AntContrib project's <for> task which can submit tasks in
> parallel, or possibly other interesting GE related tasks.
>
> I'm happy to go off and write my own if these don't exist, but at the
> same time hate to re-invent wheels that are already there.

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028