[GE users] GE and Ant

Christopher Heiny heiny at starband.net
Fri Jan 18 16:49:24 GMT 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008, ground control picked up the following
transmission from Andreas.Haas at sun.com:
> Making task launches through SGE optional is needed at all
> events, if it shall be used by a broader audience. Actually we
> did something similar with qtcsh(1)
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/griden
>gine/doc/htmlman/htmlman1/qtcsh.html
>
> I'm not sure however whether use of DRMAA suffices: Note, DRMAA does
> not give you output redirection. This one gets only with qrsh(1). For
> that reason it is used by qtcsh(1) and qmake(1) for launching tasks.

Hmmmm.  I thought that the JobTemplate path properties (inputPath,
outputPath, and errorPath) would let us specify a source or destination
for redirection, and then FileTransferMode would let us specify which
of those get redirected.

Is my understanding of this incorrect?  If that is the case, maybe it
would work to have the grid launcher delegate to qtcsh.