[GE users] problem in submit jobs

Sandeep, Patel(IE10) Sandeep.Patel2 at Honeywell.com
Mon Jan 21 08:41:19 GMT 2008

Hi
   What are the arguments I have to pass . can u please tell me a brief
idea about that ? my motive is :- running a c programme in windows
execution host. What are the arguments I have to pass with the qsub
command?which compiler I have to install for C?

Or
    Whether I have to write a shell script and than I have to call a C
programme?i m very new abt these things. How can I call that C programme
from the shell?

Regards
sandeep

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hearns [mailto:john.hearns at streamline-computing.com]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 1:28 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] problem in submit jobs

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 11:58 +0530, Sandeep, Patel(IE10) wrote:

> Can anybody help me here ?

Yep. Compile and run the program manually first, before inviking
gridengine.
If you cannot run the program from the command line, then Gridengine
will not be able to run it for you.

And compile the program first - you submit the binary executable (plus
arguments) to Gridengine within a job script.
You're not submitting the C source code to be run are you?

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net