FW: [GE users] how to call command prompt in grid engine

Sandeep, Patel(IE10) Sandeep.Patel2 at Honeywell.com
Tue Jan 22 11:21:02 GMT 2008

Hi ravi
           Can u tell some example or by taking some filename
accordingly.

One more thing ravi , I have submiited the notepad.exe as job inside a
script, but I m not able to see its window. But when I have checked ps
ax , a notepad is opened as background daemon in process list, everytime
I m submitting that script. Why I m not able to see the notepad.
Anything I have to set?
Regards
sandeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM [mailto:Ravichandra.Nallan at Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:29 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: FW: [GE users] how to call command prompt in grid engine

Hi Sandeep,
 I am not sure if this works, but try submitting the batch script
directly. I think you may need to mess with the shells (in the
queue_conf).
If you really don't mind the script part, you could as well run the
binary *directly* (qsub -b y -l arch-win32-xxx <binary>), just make sure

the jobs goes to the right queue instance.
Just try and let us know your experiences.
HTH
regards,
~Ravi

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net