[GE users] Can't get rid of hosts from queue

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Jan 23 00:09:21 GMT 2008

Reuti wrote:

> but they were once attached to this queue? You can try:
>
> $ qconf -cq admin.q at wind.cora.nwra.com

I don't ever remember adding them to the queue.  They just appeared
there when the hosts were added.

-cq doesn't seem to work:

$ qconf -cq admin.q at wind.cora.nwra.com
orion at cynosure.cora.nwra.com purged queue "admin.q at wind.cora.nwra.com"
$ qstat -f -q admin.q
queuename                      qtype used/tot. load_avg arch          states
admin.q at apapane.cora.nwra.com  BIPC  0/1       4.05     lx26-amd64
admin.q at apollo.cora.nwra.com   BIPC  0/1       5.16     lx26-amd64
admin.q at coop00.cora.nwra.com   BIPC  0/1       2.02     lx26-amd64
admin.q at coop01.cora.nwra.com   BIPC  0/1       2.00     lx26-amd64
admin.q at fog.cora.nwra.com      BIPC  0/1       -NA-     lx26-x86      u
admin.q at mercury.cora.nwra.com  BIPC  0/1       2.02     lx26-x86
admin.q at wind.cora.nwra.com     BIPC  0/1       2.04     lx26-x86

> Maybe it will help SGE to forget them. Otherwise, what is:
>
> $ qstat -g c
>
> showing?

$ qstat -g c
CLUSTER QUEUE                   CQLOAD   USED  AVAIL  TOTAL aoACDS  cdsuE
admin.q                           0.98      0      6      7      0      1
all.q                             0.81     24      0     35     28      1
clouds.q                          1.00      0      2      2      0      0
coop.q                            1.00      2      0      4      0      2
cynosure.q                        -NA-      0      0      2      0      2
ivm.q                             1.01      0      4      4      0      0
loulu.q                           0.74      1      0      1      0      0
mock.q                            1.00      0      2      2      0      0

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com