[GE users] about the state 'a'

Robert Griffiths Robert.Griffiths at int.sc.mufg.jp
Wed Jan 23 10:54:50 GMT 2008

it means it's in "alarm", i.e.,. overloaded and over your threshold for
submitting new jobs.

Someone is probably running interactive jobs on that machine and is
hogging all the CPU.

The only way to clear it is to reduce the load on the machine. How you
do that is up to you.

By the way, have you tried looking in the manual? AFAIR, this is all
explained both in the PDF docs that accompany an N1 install as well as
the man page. man qstat and one of the first things to appear is the
-explain option which even tells you that 'a' is in alarm state.

Many (most?) of these simple questions can be answered by reading the
manual first......

Rob