[GE users] Help: Remote Operate

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 23 11:22:56 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 23.01.2008 um 09:27 schrieb Lee Amy:

> Our cluster uses SGE as resources schedule software. And my teacher
> need SSH to login this cluster. So I have some following questions
> before I'm going to set up.
>
> 1.I have enabled Tickets Strategy to handle priorities of job. So I
> wanna know whether I can still use Tickets to do dynamic
> reprioritization.
>
> 2.In my cluster, MPI uses RSH as nodes communications software. If
> my teacher logins the cluster and uses SGE to submit parallel jobs
> with PE by SSH, is there any limitation when he control his jobs?

what will he do with his login? I mean, an option would be to use an
interactive queue instead (with qlogin or qrsh). So SGE would know
that there is something running on this node in addition and spool
less jobs to it.

If you need SSH, you could also implement: http://
gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html