[GE users] 500 qrsh in 2 seconds ? Too quick ?

Jean-Francois Bouchard jean-francois.bouchard at idilia.com
Wed Jan 23 20:24:47 GMT 2008

Hello Users,

We are using sge for a good while now (about 4 years). Its a very good
product.

The issue :
My users sometimes use loops (or more complex) to queu jobs on the grid.
They can queue about 500 jobs in about 2/3 seconds. SGE take it fine,
but my LDAP server not.

This issue is not related directly to SGE, but you may encounter it due
to the nature of the environment. I would like to know what kind of
work-around or fix you are doing to bypass this issue ?

Thank you.

---
Jean-Francois Bouchard
Idilia inc.