[GE users] Accounting script

Mulley, Nikhil Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com
Wed Jan 23 21:43:53 GMT 2008

Hi Oliver,

I read your post at
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=19769

This was really interesting and was also of my needs on the accounting
file management. Basically, I want to avoid the qacct command in terms
of another gdi request similary.

I have a quick scanning question, on the scalability front, we have
1000nodes in the grid environment, and as a result the accounting file
grows big, probably in 1-2G file.
In that ways, I feel the script might not scale well for the huge
accounting files?  For one reason that in the code, you have:

open IF, $acctfn or die "Impossible d'ouvrir: $acctfn";
#get total and per user usage
while (<IF>) {

I am wondering if using File::Slurp in the perl script would be of any
Help?

Please let me know what do you think.

Thanks,
Nikhil