[GE users] wildly innacurate cpu usage, SGE 6.0u4

aaron at cs.york.ac.uk aaron at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Jan 24 12:07:08 GMT 2008

Dear all,

I was doing some detailed analysis of the job mix on our system from the
past year to find out if the resources offered match those we provide so
as to
inform future purchasing decisions. At first it looked that our resources did
not match from analyses run on the accounting file.

On closer analysis, however, it seems that in a very few instances the cpu
time used exceeded by order(s) of magnitude the ru_wallclock*slots time. Has
anyone else seen this, and in what circumstances? The jobs affected seem
to have failed.

Regards, Aaron Turner