[GE users] Nice Valued Q and MPICH jobs

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 12:59:09 GMT 2008

          Does the nice value for an mpich job get propagated to the slave nodes in an MPI job as well if started in an SGE PE ?

For eg If I have a q called slow.q with  a nice value of 19 .

When I start an mpich job in a parallel environment associated with this q , I see only the processes on the master node for the job getting niced to 19 but the processes on the slave nodes of the mpi job still have the nice value of 0. Am I missing something ? Tight Integration probably ?

/Dev