[GE users] File server overloading

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:29:15 GMT 2008

I agree with Andre. And if you are already using GFS, then you should
find Lustre familiar.

In fact, I saw this white paper a week ago:
http://www.synopsys.com/products/solutions/dfm/hpc_cats_wp.pdf

Lustre is used by TOP500 supercomputers, and also other industries...
I just updated the list last night:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Microsystems#HPC_solutions

And as Lustre is now owned by Sun, I believe Lustre would grow in a
faster rate than other shared disk filesystems -- Grid Engine is just
a nice example of how much effort Sun put into an opensource project!!

(Off Topic: when Sun completes the MySQL deal, I believe MySQL would
also grow in a much faster rate too!!)

Rayson