[GE users] Accounting of Parallel Jobs

Bradford, Matthew matthew.bradford at eds.com
Wed Jan 30 09:33:42 GMT 2008

John,

The problem isn't actually with the accounting output, as I can amend
values within Excel after exporting the accounting file as a CSV. The
problem is actually how the SGE scheduler uses the usage values when
assigning fair share priorities. If the fair share policy is set up to
use a groups CPU usage over the previous 28 days to allocate
tickets/priority, then the usage of parallel jobs will not be accurate
as they are only using 1 slot, even though they are using all 4 cores.

Cheers,

Mat