[GE users] Help with resource quota sets

jallen at it.uts.edu.au jallen at it.uts.edu.au
Wed Jan 30 10:19:18 GMT 2008

I think I found another display bug with qquota that only effects quota
limits with more than one project in the projects clause (I havn't tried
this with other types of consumers).

{
  name         project_slots
  description  "divide the available daytime slots between projects"
  enabled      TRUE
  limit        projects show2,show3 hosts @r3, at r4, at r5 to big_slots=214
}

Basically the quota will be applied properly, but only some of the quota
use will be accounted for in the output of qquota. Eg. The quota for
show2+show3 would be reached (confirmed by counting big_slot use with
qstat), but instead of showing 214/214, the output from qquota would be
something like the following (is it possible that it is only counting one
of the projects produce its output?):

% qquota
project_slots/2 101/214  @r3, at r4, at r5 to big_slots=214

This could be fixed by doing the following, which allows the quota counts
to match the counts obtained by parsing qstat for big_slot usage:

{
  name         project_slots
  description  "divide the available daytime slots between projects"
  enabled      TRUE
  limit        projects show2 hosts @r3, at r4, at r5 to big_slots=214
  limit        projects show3 hosts @r3, at r4, at r5 to big_slots=214
}