[GE users] Reg: SGE on windows 64 bit OS

Beat Rubischon beat at 0x1b.ch
Wed Jan 30 13:08:03 GMT 2008

Hello!

Am 30.1.2008 11:40 Uhr schrieb "manju a" unter <manju.kudu at gmail.com>:

> thank you for your link, but we are using NFS , i think harlad should have the
> answer for this qeustion!!! Harlad please let us know if SUN has made any
> progress on this!!!

Accessing NFS out of Interix is an interesting thing - your NFS server using
UIDs/GIDs and UNIX permissions will be mounted and mapped into the windows
world where SIDs and ACLs are used and mapped into the UNIX aka Interix
world where UNIX permissions and UIDs/GIDs are used.

SUID binaries aren't working on such a share. This is not SUN's fault, it's
a philosophy of Windows. SGE would probably not run when installed on NFS.

But there are other ways to access your NFS server base from a Windows node
- use Samba as a "translator".

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>