[GE users] File server overloading

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 12:43:49 GMT 2008

Lustre is good, I heard many good feedbacks about it. And
Lustre+Gigabit Eithernet should be good enough, Infiniband is
fast and low latency but latency is mainly needed for parallel
computing (e.g. MPI jobs with lows of small message exchange
between tasks).

Also, pNFS (parallel NFS) is supposed to be better than
traditional NFS too, anyone tried it in a compute farm
environment?

 -Ron

Looking for last minute shopping deals?