[GE users] File server overloading

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Thu Jan 31 15:58:21 GMT 2008

It would be interesting to test GlusterFS for SGE failover to a shadow
master host. The main problem is that $SGE_ROOT/default/... Needs to be
available to the shadow master and it is usually hosted on the qmaster host
(which goes down).

Has anybody tried GlusterFS for hosting $SGE_ROOT, as an alternative to NFS,
in a (single) gigE cluster?

Todd Heywood