[GE users] probing the fairshare status

Ross Dickson Ross.Dickson at dal.ca
Thu Jan 31 19:52:29 GMT 2008

Hi all.

We're running in an academic research computing environment under the
"fairshare" system:

rdickson at mahone2:clhead2 ~ > qconf -ssconf | grep weight_ticket
weight_tickets_functional         0
weight_tickets_share              100000
weight_ticket                     0.500000

...and each project has got an equal share.

The users would like to be able to see their current "position" in the
share history.  They can do this by submitting a job and seeing what
priority it gets relative to the other waiting jobs, but we'd like a
more direct way to get at this information.

Any suggestions?

--
Ross Dickson         Computational Research Consultant
ACEnet               http://www.ace-net.ca