[GE users] back to the basics... 6.2beta

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jul 1 17:34:49 BST 2008

Am 01.07.2008 um 17:12 schrieb Alexandre Racine:

> [...]

Mmhh - isn't this behavior the same as before - no PATH is set for a
non-interactive qrsh? You can issue just qrsh and the ./script as an
input on its own?

> Just to let you know, since this is a beta... running the script
> gave me
> another error. See the differences locally and with qrsh...
>
> ---------locally-----------
> TORQUE1 programmeinteractif # /opt/test/programmeinteractif/script.sh
> .
> Je roule sur le serveur TORQUE1...
>
> Enter something: gg
> You typed: gg
> Hit any key to continue....
> Fin du programme
> ---------with qrsh-----------
> TORQUE1 programmeinteractif # qrsh
> /opt/test/programmeinteractif/script.sh
> .
> Je roule sur le serveur TORQUE2...
>
> Enter something: gg
> stty: standard input: Invalid argument
> You typed: gg

Maybe the -icanon isn't working as there is no real terminal
connected. Can you try with a "Please press return to continue..."
and a simple "read" and disregard the stty commands?

-- Reuti