[GE users] 6.2 beta 2 on 10.5 Leopard: admin_user does not exist

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Jul 1 18:30:14 BST 2008

Followup on Apple OS X & SGE ...

I just deployed SGE 6.1u4 today on a new Apple cluster and jobs are
failing with the:

> "can't get password entry for user "cdagdigian". Either the user
> does not exist or NIS error!"

.. the interesting thing is that jobs fail for the "cdagdigian"
account which is local to the systems and they also fail for the
"sgeadmin" account which is defined in LDAP/OpenDirectory

I'm going to do some more debugging but the fact that jobs fail for
both local and LDAP accounts is concerning. I may build 6.1u4 from
source to see if any behavior changes.

-Chris