[GE users] qrsh /bin/bash error mark all Queue to Error state

Angel Arancibia angel.arancibia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:26:05 BST 2008

2008/6/30 Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>:
> Hi,
>
> well, my usual approach is to use the plain qrsh (which uses rsh in the end)
> for interactive job support inside the cluster. There is no need to have the
> rlogin.d/telnet.d running all the time, as SGE will start one daemon on its
> own per job (" disable         = yes" in /etc/xinet.d/rlogin or telnet). For
> the ssh login you could then add a line to /etc/ssh/sshd_config with:
>
> AllowUsers angel
>
> or
>
> AllowGroups admins
>
> or alike.

> Nevertheless, if you need to use ssh in your cluster, you can also change
> the above mentioned files, and supply new ones for SGE invocation, means (-f
> and -F - sic!) and set all options therein:
>
> rsh_daemon                   /usr/local/sbin/sshd -f
> /usr/sge/cluster/special_sshd_config
> rsh_command                  /usr/local/bin/ssh -F
> /usr/sge/cluster/special_ssh_config

That was what I did, and it worked grate, but it presents a drawback.
The users are enable to use scp also. I could bypass this, telling to
invert the scp order ... from the node (accessible through a Qrsh) to
the master instead of the usual way (from the master to nodes). But it
is a little tricky also, cause, what happen if the node are full? the
Qrsh will never give a interactive shell.
How you use to implement this in professionals clusters?

Anyway, about the original subjet, if some want to do a "qrsh
/bin/bash" still put all the queue in E state ... all.
How can I debug it, in order to try to find an explanation, or avoid
that error? Althougt the users are few and trusteable, they could
mistaken.

Thanks in advance,

Angel

PS: Please excuse me my rough english, it is not my natural language :)