[GE users] back to the basics... 6.2beta

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 3 12:36:05 BST 2008

Hi Alexandre and Reuti,

please see my comments below:

Reuti wrote:
> Am 01.07.2008 um 17:12 schrieb Alexandre Racine:

The $PATH should be set.

When I do a
# qrsh -l h=host env | grep -w PATH
I get nearly the same PATH as with
# rsh host env | grep -w PATH

The qrsh path just contains "/tmp/port8104/290.1.all.q" additionally -
8104 is my QMaster port, 290 is the job id.

(Don't run "rsh host echo $PATH", except you are a quoting expert! It
will trick you.)

But I don't understand why the PATH should be responsible for this
behaviour, I'd rather say the pwd is not correct and I guess you are
looking for the "-cwd" option:
# qrsh -cwd ./script.sh
should do the trick.

>> Just to let you know, since this is a beta... running the script gave me
>> another error. See the differences locally and with qrsh...
>>
>> ---------locally-----------
>> TORQUE1 programmeinteractif # /opt/test/programmeinteractif/script.sh
>> .
>> Je roule sur le serveur TORQUE1...
>>
>> Enter something: gg
>> You typed: gg
>> Hit any key to continue....
>> Fin du programme
>> ---------with qrsh-----------
>> TORQUE1 programmeinteractif # qrsh
>> /opt/test/programmeinteractif/script.sh
>> .
>> Je roule sur le serveur TORQUE2...
>>
>> Enter something: gg
>> stty: standard input: Invalid argument
>> You typed: gg
>
> Maybe the -icanon isn't working as there is no real terminal connected.
> Can you try with a "Please press return to continue..." and a simple
> "read" and disregard the stty commands?

Yes, the stty command can't work, because there is no tty 'beneath' the
job. Use "qrsh -pty yes script.sh" to enforce the creation of a pty
(pseudo tty), then the stty command will work.

But right now I'm not sure if "-pty yes" was already supported in
6.2beta1...

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware