[GE users] drmaa question...

john Sanabria john.sanabria at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:34:33 BST 2008

I want to use the DRMAA implementation provided by SGE for accessing remote
sites.
I found a useful link http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/drmaa_java.html.
However, all the examples interact with local SGE manager.

I'm working at komolongma.ece.uprm.edu cluster and I have access to remote
clusters. I wondering if I can access to them with a program as shown below
just modifying the string passed as parameter to the init method, (groovy
code).

*import org.ggf.drmaa.SessionFactory
import org.ggf.drmaa.Session
import org.ggf.drmaa.JobTemplate
*
*def factory = SessionFactory.getFactory()
def session = factory.getSession()
**session.init("")**
println session.contact

def jt = session.createJobTemplate()
jt.setRemoteCommand("/bin/sleep")
jt.setArgs(Collections.singletonList("5"))
def id = session.runJob(jt)
println "Job id ${id}"

session.deleteJobTemplate(jt)
session.exit()*

Could you provide me an example?

I appreciate your advice. Regards,

--
PhD Candidate, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
http://ece.uprm.edu/~s047267