[GE users] Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jul 7 23:39:10 BST 2008

I see in the FAQ that this error is related to having tty commands in
the login scripts.  However, I cannot seem to find which of the
scripts is causing the problem.  Is there a way to see what is going
on to give me a hint where to look?  Between several shells,
evaluation orders, and system login scripts, I wondered if anyone had
any shortcuts besides hunting down every possible script?

thanks,
Sean