[GE users] Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Jul 7 23:48:20 BST 2008

Not sure if this will actually help or hinder you but I've been
spending a lot of time recently running SGE commands with the debug
mode turned on and the level of detail in the output is extreme.  I've
been running "qrsh hostname " debug level 4 and at that level it even
tells me all about the files it is reading and the environment it is
setting up. Downside is 1500 lines of text though! The verbose output
*may* be chatty enough to identify the specific location of the tty
stuff ..

To enable debugging:

Init the environment:

$   . $SGE_ROOT/util/dl.sh

Set a debug level:

$   dl 4

Run your command:

$  qrsh hostname

... and be prepared for a torrent of output of course.

-Chris