[GE users] SGE on latest Mac OS X Server 10.5.4 - help with non-root users

Ian Levesque ian at crystal.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 8 17:55:22 BST 2008

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:30:04 -0400, Chris Dagdigian <dag at sonsorol.org>
wrote:

> The good news is that people far smarter than me are taking a look at
> it and I've made my server system accessible to a few people who are
> looking into things.

That is good news. Thanks for your detailed notes and contribution.

> The bad news is I may have to migrate a new client cluster to Platform
> LSF as not being able to get SGE to run for more than a week is pretty
> embarrassing.

I've got a site whose cluster is idle now because of this, as well. And
they're getting a bit antsy. I didn't participate in the purchase decision
but of course I'm the admin so I look bad when their users can't schedule
jobs. :)

I'm hoping a patch becomes available soon, so I don't have to deviate from
our standard SGE configuration...

Cheers,
Ian
--