[GE users] Graphic cards processors

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:31:38 BST 2008

Nothing in SGE would block you from using the GPU, as SGE only handles
the job scheduling part. However, SGE can make sure that GPUs are not
oversubscribed by limiting the number of jobs that use the GPU to
match the number of GPUs, on a per-node basis.

In fact, the TSUBAME top500 supercomputer has clearspeed cards
(basically it's a dedicated GPGPU card implementation) that are
managed by SGE:

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0207/820-0831.pdf
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0607/820-1695.pdf

Rayson