[GE users] Parallel Environments with user defined start up , stop scripts?

Andre Gauthier gauthier at cs.umass.edu
Thu Jul 10 15:42:59 BST 2008

I have couple users that have simulations to run that were coded prior
to grid engine. They simulations typically consist of a master and some
slaves.  I have a couple of questions. Do they have to use a PE or can
they just request slots and wait for the number of slots become
available and write some scripts that deal with hostnames, and clean up?
   Or should I create PE for them. If I create a PE for them is there a
way for users to use their own start-up and shut-down scripts in the PE.
That way we can have generic PE for simulations and people can use there
own scripts.

Thanks,

Andre