[GE users] Passing parameters to job script

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 10 21:50:59 BST 2008

We have a number of command-line programs that run multithreaded.  It
is simple enough to run those in a parallel environment, but many
require some command-line arguments.  Is it possible to pass
command-line arguments to a command-line executable within a job
script, but from the job script submission?  In other words, if I have
an executable that looks like this:

command -b 2 -c 3 -d 4 fname

Can I write a job script like:

#!/bin/sh
#$ -pe smp 4-12
command

And then do something like:

qsub jobscript.sh -b 2 -c 3 -d 4 fname

and expect that those arguments can be passed into the command?

Thanks,
Sean