[GE users] how to enable raw (unbuffered) output in log files

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Jul 11 22:13:18 BST 2008

Hi folks:

   Running a long job, and it writes stuff to STDOUT which gets sent to
$job_name.o$jobid .  End user wants to tail it, and see changes "live".
  Basically it looks like when they tail the output file, they get the
"cooked" (e.g. buffered) output.  Is it possible to change this on a
per-job (in the job script) to make it raw output (e.g. flush after each
IO)?

   Worst case, we can have them redirect it to another file and tail
that file ... I was hoping to avoid this.  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO