[GE users] Help: PE details

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sat Jul 12 16:07:52 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 21:37 +0800, Lee Amy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to learn the main idea and deep details about Parallel
> Environment. Anyone can give me some hints?

Amy, the best way to learn about anything is by doing.
In my case I was presented with an Opteron cluster and told "Install Sun
Gridengine on that".
I used the README files and documentation on the Gridengine site and
achieved a working installation.
I then took the examples for the MPICH integration and used them to set
up a PE for MPICH. I would suggest you do the same - download mpich,
install it on your cluster, and follow the Gridengine example to set up
MPICH integration. We will help you along the way.