[GE users] campus grid vs global grid

Frédéric Bastien nouiz at nouiz.org
Thu Jul 17 14:27:44 BST 2008

I'm working in a lab at the University of Montréal. We are exploring
the possibility to group the cluster with other labs in other
university. To do so I taught using SGE, but I have a few question. In
the user doc, it tell that SGE is made for campus grid but not for
global grid. I will need the technical difference that this represent.

- Do we need a global file system between labs?
- Do we need a unique user id? user name?
- No firewall?
- Other limits/requirement?

Here is the URL that talk about campus vs global grid:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0699/chp1-1?a=view

Also, I have another question, at the end of 2007 their was a PDF that
suggest that kerberos be integrated in SGE to allow the transfert of
ticket. Do this have been implemented in SGE 6.2?

thanks for your time

Frédéric Bastien