[GE users] question on how to get raw STDOUT/STDERR

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Jul 20 17:36:22 BST 2008

Hi folks:

   Running some longer running jobs on a cluster.  The job sends period
updates to STDOUT of the form

	TIME STEP =    3500     ITERATIONS =   12

Right now these are being redirected into a file, and it looks like it
is being buffered, so we don't get the updates when they happen, but we
do get them in a batch when the buffer fills up.

Is there an easy way to turn off the STDOUT buffering (e.g. put it into
raw mode)?

This is how it works when I run it by hand, so I am assuming that there
was some sort of buffering turned on in the SGE environment.

Thanks!

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D