[GE users] making consumable not related to PE

Ionel GARDAIS ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Wed Jul 23 14:14:43 BST 2008

I started by using a BOOLean for these resources but it turns out that
BOOL are not in the list of requestable attributes :

$ man complex
> It can be set to 'yes' only for numeric attributes (INT, DOUBLE,
> MEMORY, TIME - see type above)

What do you mean by "avoid overloading via some other mechanism" ?

I'll give a try to the scaling solution.

Ionel

Olesen, Mark wrote:
>> I'd like to schedule jobs based on the use (or not) of a local
>> harddrive.
>> I have an execution host with two harddrives mounted under /data-1-1
>> and
>> /data-1-2.
>> I created two consumables resources :
>>

> If you cannot use a logical (BOOL) for this and avoid overloading via
> some other mechanism, you'll have to scale your request so that the
> total resource limit is okay.
>
> Eg,
>    qsub -pe some 4 -l d11=0.25
>
> Note that you should truncate the values to avoid rounding problems.
> Eg,
>    qsub -pe some 6 -l d11=0.66667
>    # wrong - requests more that 1 resource
>
>    qsub -pe some 6 -l d11=0.66666
>    # okay
>

> /mark
> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information,
> or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON
> Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice
> serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined
> in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender
> and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this
> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
> of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this message in error, please
> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
> message from your computer.

Ionel GARDAIS
System-Network Engineer

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]