[GE users] LOTS of GE 6.1u2: Job 1157200 failed

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Jul 23 19:59:07 BST 2008

Reuti wrote:
> Am 23.07.2008 um 02:35 schrieb Bevan C. Bennett:
>
>> Reuti wrote:
>>
>>> Any of the file systems are full?
>>
>> No.
>>
>>> Is sshd-grid "special"?
>>
>> It's a symlink to sshd to avoid the usual pam limitations on ssh to
>> these systems.
>
> What type of limitations? What is different with this SSH in detail? If
> it's just a user restriction, it could be one line in sshd_config to
> avoid access to the nodes and provide a special one without limitations
> to sshd with -f to use it.

It comes out about the same in the end, but not having the extra config
file seemed less prone to accidental errors and omissions.

/etc/pam.d/sshd includes the line
account    required     pam_access.so
while /etc/pam.d/sshd-grid does not.

/etc/security/access.conf then has a line that says that only members of
 the IT Group are allowed. This works perfectly for enabling admin
access to the nodes when we need it while preventing users from
connecting to a node without using SGE.