[GE users] question for the allocation rules

Ryoji Takahashi ryoji at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jul 28 17:21:02 BST 2008

We are facing weird problem by $fill_up rules ...

setting is following ...

pe_name           mvapichfill
slots             96
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   /home/sge/mvapich/startmpi.sh -catch_rsh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args    /home/sge/mvapich/stopmpi.sh
allocation_rule   $fill_up
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

our machine is quad core, each nodes has 8 processors.  When we submit
two 4 processors jobs,
$fill_up assigns from 0 to 3 for the two jobs ... two jobs collide at
the same processors.
it looks like two jobs are filled out from 0 to 3.

what could be solution for this?
thanks,