[GE users] Queue on Error state

Fco. Javier Modrego modrego at unizar.es
Tue Jul 29 12:18:15 BST 2008

Frequently I found my queues in error state and new jobs cannot
start. An example of the error messages are below but the problem
seems to be (I think...)  that a preceeding job has erased all the
content (files and subdirectories) of the local spooling directory at
the computing nodes (/tmp/sge in my installation) and the spooling
files for  new jobs cannot be created. As far as the problem I think
that I understand what is happening but I have no clue how to solve
it.
My main suspects are parallel Turbomole jobs but I cannot find
nothing in their scripts which can justify this behaviour. I would be
grateful if anybody with experience integrating Turbomole in SGE
could give my a hand...May be a symbol in conflict with SGE and an
assasin "rm"... I have no clue
Also clearing the error state does not reduce just to using qmod
-cq... as it doesn't work straight away. The daemons in the node are
running and must be killed and then the queue stopped and started...

	Thanks in advance
	F.J. Modrego

Note: the installed version of SGE is 6.1u4

07/29/2008 05:59:29|qmaster|ml350|W|job 1304.1 failed on host
nodo01.localdomain general assumedly before job because: can't create
directory active_
jobs/1304.1: No such file or directory
07/29/2008 05:59:29|qmaster|ml350|W|rescheduling job 1304.1
07/29/2008 05:59:29|qmaster|ml350|E|queue larga marked QERROR as
result of job 1304's failure at host nodo01.localdomain
07/29/2008 05:59:29|qmaster|ml350|W|queue "larga at nodo01.localdomain"
is marked QERROR

--
  Dr. F.J. Modrego