[GE users] slot oversubscription

Alois Dirnaichner Alois.Dirnaichner at physik.lmu.de
Tue Jul 29 14:02:26 BST 2008

Hello,

since I've changed the load formula for our cluster to "slots" according to

http://blogs.sun.com/sgrell/date/20050405

to achieve a fill up configuration, oversubscription of slots per hosts
occured from time to time:

HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
duncan02                lx24-amd64      8  0.00   15.7G  238.4M
16.0G     0.0
   GHOLA                BP    9/8      d

In spite of

slots=8

in the host conf. and slots defined consumable.
How could this happen?
Sincerely,

Alois

--