[GE users] Grid Queu Setup Question

Sirisena, Navi Navi.Sirisena at gs.com
Thu May 1 16:07:48 BST 2008

apologies for the vagueness.  this is what I am trying to do.

I'd like to set up queues in the following configuration, and am not
sure how to do it. I suspect that I need to use some kind of resource
attribute but some guidance would be appreciated (I'm new to sungrid).

I have 160 slots available and 2 queues, ssay main.q and sub.q. I want
main.q to have access to the full 160 slots and sub.q to have access to
only 120 of the same slots. So if I submit 100 jobs to main.q, it can
use up any of the 160 slots, and the total number of slots available on
sub.q would go down correspondingly. Similarly, if I send 100 jobs to
sub.q, it should show 20 slots open on sub.q and 60 slots open on
main.q. Also, as a bonus, it would be great if jobs submitted to main.q
only used sub.q's subset of slots when main.q was running > 40 jobs (so
as not to take away slots from sub.q unless it's needed); for example,
100 jobs submitted to main.q would show 60 slots open on main.q and 60
slots open on sub.q.

I didn't see an obvious way to do this from the admin guide, so thanks
in advance for the help. Please let me know if further clarification is
needed on what I'm looking for.

Don't think queue subordination is what I am looking for.