[GE users] job execution through DRMAA

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri May 2 07:33:16 BST 2008

Am 02.05.2008 um 08:23 schrieb Rayson Ho:

> On 5/2/08, Andreas Haas <Andreas.Haas at sun.com> wrote:
>> to answer this question you must investigate the reason why 'jobs
>> never
>> ran'.
>> E.g. what is qacct -j <jobid> telling you for such jobs?
>
> I guess you mean qstat instead of qacct...

Actually not. When drmaa_wait(3) returns 'never ran', qacct can unveil
how it came they "finished" all the same. It could be they were sent
to the execd, yet they couldn't be executed for some reason. Another
source of information is the 'messages' log file of the corresponding
execd.

Regards,
Andreas