[GE users] job execution through DRMAA

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri May 2 08:08:35 BST 2008

Hi Shilpi,

Am 02.05.2008 um 08:49 schrieb Shilpi Gupta:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> qacct - j <jobid> is telling me that failed: 27 searching requested
> shell.
>
> does that mean that i need to invoke the bash shell on the execution
> host, which i m using for my job and also kindly tell me that how
> can i do so on execution host

Well, you must understand the differences between qsub-jobs and DRMAA-
jobs:

--> with qsub your job scripts get by default transfered to the
execution hosts due to the implicit "-b n".
--> with DRMAA due to implicit "-b y" your jobs are treated more like
binary commands which means that SGE doesn't touch them at all.

(1) Have you checked whether your job scripts are actually executable
when you submit them via drmaa_run_job(3)?
(2) If (1) is given, yet jobs still do not run, you can probably use
either "-b n" or "-S /bin/bash" with drmaa_native_specification to
make your jobs run.

Regards,
Andreas