[GE users] Arco and Live jobs

Jana Olivova Jana.Olivova at Sun.COM
Mon May 5 19:12:45 BST 2008

Normally, yes the job usage is recorded into the sge_job_usage table
after a job has finished. But for a long running jobs an intermediate
reporting entry is created once a day after a midnight. This results in
multiple usage records for a particular job and allows for a
fine-grained resource usage monitoring over time.

The intermediate records report the delta job resource usage for a
period between start to end time (columns ju_start_time, ju_end_time).

The ju_exit_status is set to -1 if the job is still running, i.e. it is
the intermediate record. For queries counting jobs, the condition "WHERE
ju_exits_status != -1" needs to be added as not to include the
intermediate records in the final query result. (Note that the
ju_exit_status set to -1 is only available since 6.1u3)

The resource a job has requested is written into the sge_job_request
table at the same time as the records in the sge_job_usage table. (both
information comes from the 'acct' line)

Regards,

Jana