[GE users] Heads-up: Grid Engine 6.2 Beta starting soon

Christopher Dwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Tue May 6 15:12:18 BST 2008

>> Out of curiosity, will the new release have better support for
>> apple's Mac OS X 10.5 server?
>
> There are no changes to the Mac OS X 10.5 OS support.
>
> What would you expect with "better support"?

The present release:

* Requires a couple of small patches to build on 10.5 or it doesn't
support Open Directory users.
* Is best installed on 10.5 with some contributed launchd scripts (the
SystemStarter mechanism doesn't work at boot time anymore)
* Needs regular restarts in order to keep the schedd alive.

Perhaps "support" isn't the best word for what we're asking, but it
would be great to find a way to address those issues.

-Chris Dwan