[GE users] qstat -j -xml output information

Tue May 6 15:26:55 BST 2008

Hi Michael,

good that you look after this!

Can I ask you to summarize the outcome of your inventory in a specification
document. Thanks to Chris Dagdigian we got a nice MediaWiki under

    http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

you can use it without hesitation, if you add a SISSL copyright notice as
I did under

   http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Dtrace

the benefit of using a public wiki is that you have less overhead as compared
to keeping the stuff in a Sun-internal wiki. Specification template is below.

Best regards,
Andreas

= Introduction =

= Project Overview =
== Project Aim ==
== Project Benefit ==
== Project Duration ==
== Project Dependencies ==

= System Architecture =
== Enhancement Functions ==
== Overall Block Diagram ==

= Functional Definition =
== Performance ==
== User Experience ==
== Quality Assurance ==
== Documentation ==
== Installation ==

= Component Descriptions =

== Component #1 Name ==
=== Overview ===
=== Functionality ===
=== Interfaces ===
=== Other Requirements ===

== Component #2 Name ==
=== Overview ===
=== Functionality ===
=== Interfaces ===
=== Other Requirements ===

= Appendix =
== Appendix #1 Name ==
== Appendix #2 Name ==

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Michael Pospisil - Sun Microsystems - Prague Czech Republic wrote:

> Hello all,
> In an attempt to rectify the state of the qstat -j -xml output, I am creating
> a list of all information that is deemed as "important" output. In the 61u4
> output, the following fields are found in qstat -xml:
>
> JB_job_number
> JB_exec_file
> JB_submission_time
> JB_owner
> JB_uid
> JB_group
> JB_gid
> JB_account
> JB_merge_stderr
> JB_mail_list, MR_user, MR_host
> JB_notify
> JB_job_name
> JB_jobshare
> JB_shell_list, PN_path, PN_host, PN_file_host, PN_file_staging
> JB_env_list, __SGE_PREFIX__O_HOME, __SGE_PREFIX__O_LOGNAME,
> __SGE_PREFIX__O_PATH, __SGE_PREFIX__O_SHELL, __SGE_PREFIX__O_TZ,
> __SGE_PREFIX__O_MAIL, __SGE_PREFIX__O_HOST, __SGE_PREFIX__O_WORKDIR
>
> JB_script_file
> JB_ja_tasks, JAT_status, JAT_task_number
> JB_deadline
> JB_execution_time
> JB_checkpoint_attr
> JB_checkpoint_interval
> JB_reserve
> JB_mail_options
> JB_priority
> JB_restart
> JB_verify
> JB_script_size
> JB_verify_suitable_queues
> JB_soft_wallclock_gmt
> JB_hard_wallclock_gmt
> JB_override_tickets
> JB_version
>
> I have already received a request to add back in JAT_start_time as well as
> the queue name through either JAT_master_queue or JG_qname.
>
> Now I would like to open up the discuss to you, the users, to find out what
> is still missing or what you would find useful in the qstat -j -xml output.
> Please however note, what we are discussing here is only the output for the
> qstat -j -xml command and will not affect the current output of qstat -j.
> It would be most interesting to hear from users who are actually using the
> qstat -j -xml output and find out which fields are indeed useful and what
> information needs to be added back to the data that was filtered out of the
> -xml output in 61u3.
>
> Feel free to make any suggestions that you think will better the results the
> of qstat -j -xml output.
> Thanks in advance for any input, and hopefully we can finally come to a
> solution that suits all users.
> Best regards,
>
> Michael

http://gridengine.info/