[GE users] Heads-up: Grid Engine 6.2 Beta starting soon

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Tue May 6 15:38:53 BST 2008

Hi,

>>> Out of curiosity, will the new release have better support for
>>> apple's Mac OS X 10.5 server?
>>
>> There are no changes to the Mac OS X 10.5 OS support.
>>
>> What would you expect with "better support"?
>
> The present release:
>
> * Requires a couple of small patches to build on 10.5 or it doesn't support
> Open Directory users.

ok, the build from source on 10.5 should now work - you can give it a trya
by checking it the current maintrunk from CVS.

> * Is best installed on 10.5 with some contributed launchd scripts (the
> SystemStarter mechanism doesn't work at boot time anymore)

There have been various community contribution on Mac OS/X - we welcome any
further contributions in this area!

> * Needs regular restarts in order to keep the schedd alive.

Well, no more schedd on 6.2 :-) It's now running as a thread in qmaster.

Andy