[GE users] Jobs killed when stoping qmaster and schedd

Yann Costes yann.costes at u-cergy.fr
Tue May 6 16:51:49 BST 2008

We are using ge-6.1u3, amd64 version on a cluster running on Linux
Debian etch.
When we stop sge_qmaster and sge_schedd (by executing
"/etc/init.d/sgemaster stop" or "qconf -ks -km") and then we restart the
same services, jobs are killed on the execution hosts after having
received the signal KILL (9).

We also made a trial with ge-6.1u4 but we have the same behavior.

When we were using ge-6.0 before, jobs were not killed in such case and
I don't succeed to find the problem.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yann