[GE users] Heads-up: Grid Engine 6.2 Beta starting soon

Tue May 6 17:33:27 BST 2008

Hi Roger,

we got no such change in SGE 6.2.

Can you tell more lengthly what kind of changes were needed?
E.g. what interfaces would we have to use then in contrast to now?

Regards,
Andreas

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Roger Herikstad wrote:

> Hi again,
> Sorry I was a bit vague earlier. We've been having some problems with
> sge and open directory users and I was wondering if the new release
> would integrate more easily with open directory. I guess that has been
> addressed already. Thanks!
>
> ~ Roger
>
> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Andy Schwierskott
> <andy.schwierskott at sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> The present release:
>>>
>>> * Requires a couple of small patches to build on 10.5 or it doesn't
>> support Open Directory users.
>>>

>>  ok, the build from source on 10.5 should now work - you can give it a trya
>>  by checking it the current maintrunk from CVS.
>>

>>> * Is best installed on 10.5 with some contributed launchd scripts (the
>> SystemStarter mechanism doesn't work at boot time anymore)
>>>

>>  There have been various community contribution on Mac OS/X - we welcome any
>>  further contributions in this area!
>>

>>> * Needs regular restarts in order to keep the schedd alive.
>>>

>>  Well, no more schedd on 6.2 :-) It's now running as a thread in qmaster.
>>
>>  Andy

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028