[GE users] Heads-up: Grid Engine 6.2 Beta starting soon

Christopher Dwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Tue May 6 17:53:11 BST 2008

>> Sorry I was a bit vague earlier. We've been having some problems with
>> sge and open directory users and I was wondering if the new release
>> would integrate more easily with open directory. I guess that has
>> been
>> addressed already. Thanks!

> we got no such change in SGE 6.2.
>
> Can you tell more lengthly what kind of changes were needed?
> E.g. what interfaces would we have to use then in contrast to now?

The changes were pretty minimal, and are well described here:

http://gridengine.info/articles/2008/03/03/building-6-1u3-on-mac-osx-10-5-2-leopard-server

There's a link to a patch, off that page.  It amounts to no longer
treating OS X as a special case, since 10.5 complies with something-or-
other now that it didn't before.

The launchd scripts that I mentioned are described and linked here:

http://gridengine.info/articles/2008/03/04/grid-engine-and-apple-os-x-launchd

-Chris Dwan