[GE users] Queue configuration

Ryoji Takahashi ryoji at cct.lsu.edu
Tue May 6 19:19:54 BST 2008

Following this question, I would like to ask allocation rules.
Our machine is quad-core and each nodes has 8 processors.
We are using mvapich-1.0.0. Because of the computing efficiency, when we
submit a job
for 8 processors, we would like to allocate this job to one node or
pending if any nodes are
available. However, even if there is an allocation rule by 8, when I
submit a job for 8 processors,
SGE takes processors from whichever available nodes.  I thought  we can
avoid this by
an allocation rule?
If not, how it is possible to set up like this?

thanks,

---
Ryoji Takahashi

Department of Physics and Engineering