[GE users] Job sheduling in sge & DRMAA

Wed May 7 10:42:12 BST 2008

Hi Shilpi,

as for scheduling the best documentation in your sense might be

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/resource_reservation.txt?content-type=text/plain

even though resource reservation is the actual subject of this spec, it
covers also a chapter on implementation that I wrote in a way that it
hopefully can be comprehended by those who seek to understand how SGE
scheduling works. Although it explains it based on the 6.0 state of
implementation, but the scheduling fundamentals are essentially stable
since then.

As for DRMAA my recommendation is you read at first

    http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.22.pdf

so that you get a SGE-independent view on DRMAA concepts. After that
you should be well prepared to read through

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/howto.html#DRMAA

and maybe do some exercises.

Best regards,
Andreas

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Shilpi Gupta wrote:

> hi everybody
>
> can anyone please post some links and references from which i can get an
> idea of
> how job scheduling & submission is done in sge and DRMAA, so that i can have
> a better understanding of the concepts.
>
> I mean if i can get some theory regarding the both sge & DRMAA.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Shilpi

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028